Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 65g Baguette
- 100g Pork Steak (Lean) (Raw)
- 40g Cucumber
- 50g Carrots
- 20ml Hoisin Sauce
- 10g Kewpie Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Fresh Chilli, to taste
- Coriander, to taste
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce, 1 tsp
- Fresh Ginger, 0.5 tsp
- Garlic, 0.5 clove
- Prepare pork steak: slice into 2cm thick pieces and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables: thinly slice cucumber, grate carrot, mince garlic and grate ginger.
- Roughly chop coriander and chilli.
- In a bowl combine hoisin, tomato sauce, ginger and garlic. Add pork and combine with sauce. Leave to marinate overnight or for at least one hour.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat and apply a light spray of oil, if necessary.
- Once hot, add pork and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until edges are crisp and pork is cooked through.
- Prepare banh mi: slice baguette down the middle and top with kewpie, cucumber, carrot, cooked pork, chopped coriander and chilli
*Ingredients can be stored in a separate air- tight container and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days. We recommend assembling banh mi at time of consumption.
Calories: 373 | P: 30g | F: 7g | C: 47g