Running low on lunchtime ideas? We've got you covered.
Whether you're working from home, on-location, or in the office, these 5 macro-friendly recipes have received the tick of approval from our Move With Us dietitians.
The WFH Lunch - Tuna Cucumber Sushi
There's no need to worry about the smell of tuna drifting through your workplace, or the sometimes awkward mess of eating sushi with this delicious work-from-home lunch. This gluten-free sushi ensemble is the perfect light and fresh meal that will have you looking forward to your lunch break even more.
- 80g Cucumber
- 135g Canned Tuna (Unflavoured) in Springwater
- 5g Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 3g Sesame Seeds
- 15g Light Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Tamari
- Peel cucumber into thin ribbons lengthways. Set cucumber strips aside on paper towels vertically ensuring ¼ of each strip is overlapping each other.
- Add cream cheese to small bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds until softened. Lightly spread cream cheese over cucumber.
- In a bowl combine drained tuna, kewpie mayonnaise, chilli flakes and sesame seeds. Mix to combine well.
- Spread tuna mixture evenly over cucumber and cream cheese.
- Roll cucumber from bottom upwards to form sushi roll. Slice into 1 inch thick pieces and dip in Tamari.
*This meal can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
More Than Your Standard Sandwich - Chicken Pesto Sandwich
Sandwiches are highly versatile and extremely under-appreciated in the lunch-game. Not only are they quick to assemble, they're just as easy to pack, store and eat-on the-go if you don't have a fridge or microwave on site at your workplace. If you haven't already tried, pesto on your sandwiches is a must-try condiment combo.
- 80g Wholemeal Bread
- 110g Chicken Breast (No Skin) (Weigh Raw)
- 10g Basil Pesto
- 50g Tomato
- 10g Spinach
- Red Onion, to taste
Prepare vegetables: slice onion and slice tomato.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat and apply a light spray of oil, if necessary. Once hot add chicken and season to taste.
- Stir to evenly coat chicken and season with additional salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside.
Spread bread with basil pesto.
- Prepare sandwich: top one slice of bread with spinach, tomato and onion. Place chicken on top and close sandwich.
*Sandwich can be toasted, if desired.
The Fresh & Tasty Vegan Lunch - Soba Noodle Salad
If you prefer something on the lighter side for your lunch break, this Soba Noodle Salad will hit the hunger spot without the added heaviness. This vegan-friendly lunch is sure to have all your work colleagues asking what's on the menu, so be prepared to share this recipe with them.
- 75g Edamame Beans
- 70g Buckwheat Noodles (Soba) (Weigh Raw)
- 50g Carrots
- 50g Cucumber
- 10g Sesame Seeds
- 5g Sesame Oil
- 20ml Hoisin Sauce
- Scallions, to taste
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ tsp Fresh Ginger
Prepare vegetables: thinly slice cucumber into thin strips, grate carrot, thinly slice scallions, grate ginger and mince garlic.
Cook soba noodles as per packet instructions.
In a small bowl combine sesame oil, garlic, tamari, ginger and hoisin. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl add cooled soba noodles, carrots, cucumber, scallions and edamame. Toss to combine and top with sauce and sesame seeds.
The Easy to Pack Lunch - Turkey Pasta Bake
We know how hard it can be to find space in the communal workplace fridge, and this pasta bake is your one-container solution. The only worry you'll have is your coworkers getting food-envy and eyeing off your delicious lunch.
- 125g Turkey Breast Mince (Extra Lean) (Weigh Raw)
- 60g Pasta (Weigh Raw)
- 150g Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 15g Spinach
- 15g Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- White Onion, to taste
- 1 clove Garlic
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a deep baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare pasta as per packet instructions
- Prepare ingredients: dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat and apply a light spray of oil, if necessary. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins, until softened.
- Add mince and break into small pieces as it cooks. Season to taste.
- When mince is almost cooked through, add pasta sauce, spinach and cooked pasta. Stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and evenly spread out. Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes then remove from oven and take foil off baking dish. Place back in oven on grill setting for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides
*This meal can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge 3-4 days.
The Hearty Lunch - Chicken Yellow Curry
If you're one to get the stomach grumbles and always counting down the clock until it's lunch time, a hearty curry and rice is just the meal you need to keep you going. The flavourful smell alone will make you all the envy of the lunch room.
- 135g Chicken Breast (No Skin) (Weigh Raw)
- 45g White Rice (Weigh Raw)
- 75g Green Beans
- 100ml Tinned Coconut Milk (Light)
- 15g Yellow Curry Paste
- White Onion, to taste
- Red Chilli, to taste
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- Prepare vegetables: dice onion, finely slice chilli, trim end off green beans and cut in half.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and apply a light spray of oil, if necessary. Once hot, add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Next, add chicken and cook for 3-4 minus until starting to brown. Add yellow curry paste, chilli, salt and pepper and gently mix for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add green beans and mix to combine.
- Add coconut milk to saucepan with enough water so chicken and vegetables are fully covered. Add tamari, fish sauce, lime juice and stir to combine. Place a lid on saucepan and reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer curry for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and green beans are tender.
- In the meantime, prepare rice as per packet instructions.
- Serve curry over rice and to taste. Top with chilli and drizzle with additional lime juice, if desired.
*This meal can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For more delicious and nutritious lunch time ideas, head to the Recipe Library in the Move With Us App, where you can filter recipes by your specific calories, macros or dietary restrictions.
Start your 7 day free trial of the Move With Us App today to experience over 850 macro-friendly recipes and dietitian-approved Meal Guides, customised to your goals and preferences.