We all know just how important water is for our health and vital internal functions, but you might be surprised to find out just how beneficial H20 is for our external appearance too.
It's recommend that women should have about two and a half litres, or half a gallon of water every day.
Here's all the more reasons why you should be drinking your recommended eight glasses a day.
If you're not hitting your daily water target, you might as well forget about your skincare routine and expensive beauty products.
H20 is the magic ingredient that trumps any skin serums or creams.
Approximately 60 percent of our body is made up of water, and it plays a key role for your skin tissue as it needs water to moisturise its cells and maintain its elasticity and appearance.
When you're not getting enough water, your skin's texture may become dry, flaky and be more prone to wrinkles.
For a glowing complexion from the inside out, the most affordable anti-aging and moisturising remedy is to make sure you're hitting your water target each day.
Your hair is a sucker for water and it needs adequate hydration to support healthy hair growth from root to tip.
When you're dehydrated, your hair follicles become thirsty and can start looking duller, thinner and dry.
Drinking enough water can help maintain nerve endings in the scalp which means you'll be reducing the chances of facing problems like dandruff, dryness and breakages.
So raise your glass and drink up for a head of healthy and shiny locks.
If you're prone to brittle and breaking nails or experience dry and flaky cuticles, this might be a sign that you're not getting enough water.
Your total water intake can affect nail growth, as it helps to hydrate your cuticles and retain moisture to stay strong.
A well-balanced diet including plenty of protein is also essential for boosting keratin production, and thus creating healthy and strong nails.
Check out our wide-range of high-protein meals in the MWU App Recipe Library (we've got our vegans covered too).
If you struggle to get your water intake up, here are some tips to help you get sipping
- For a flavour boost and added benefits, infuse your water with fruits and vegetables such as lemon, cucumber, strawberries or mint leaves.
- If you prefer something sweet, add flavoured tea bags or a low-sugar cordial to your water for taste.
- Carry a water bottle with you throughout the day to stay hydrated on-the-go, especially in warmer months. Choose a reusable bottle and aim for one that's BPA-free.
- Set yourself a daily water goal and create phone alerts throughout the day to remind you to drink up.
- Use habit stacking to start associating drinking water with an existing habit or activity, which could be having a glass of water with each meal and snack.
- Track your water intake in the MWU App to stay on top of hitting your daily hydration goal.
So there you have one of the most important yet simple secrets in beauty. Water can do amazing things for your skin, hair, nails and for your overall health.
Always keep your glass half full.